- I have a very noisy cat.
- I don't write as much as anyone who has claimed to want to be a writer should.
- Walking from a West End theater to a hotel one night in London was a life-changing event.
- I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up... there's just so much I want to do!
- The best compliment anyone has recently paid me came last week when a neighbor said, "Whenever I walk by your yard, I think 'little farm in the city'."
- I horde food and books.
- I spend 9 hours a week in a coffee shop, and I don't work there.
- It's been a good week if the car leaves the garage only once.
- I wonder how long it will take me to feel like it might be ok to travel internationally again.
- I read more speculative fiction than most other genres (although I haven't done a formal survey to be sure).
- I hate shopping.
- I'm seriously considering learning to make soap.
- I used to go to church three times a week, but I haven't been in years.
- I don't "see" things like I used to... no forest fires that aren't there or crumbling abandoned buildings superimposed on busy LA grocery stores.
- I much prefer to visit snow than to have it visit me.
- I try to avoid high-fructose corn syrup and industrial meat.
- I think my daughter is brilliant.
- We don't have cable or get any TV channels.
- I don't read as much as I'd like to.
- I've found crocheting blankets to be good for dealing with grief.
- I'm looking forward to, and a little freaked out by, taking Caitlyn camping this summer.
- Cooking Wednesday night dinner for a dozen people is a highlight of my week.
- A piece of me misses living in earthquake country.
- Meeting Ian was one of the best, if not the best, things that ever happened to me.
- Sometimes, I'm still scared of the dark.
January 25, 2009
In response to the 25 Things thing on Facebook:
Posted by Christina Gilman at 9:09 PM